Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Charlie's Meets Pumpkin

Yesterday I was at Walmart and found this bag of three cute little pumpkins.  Since I have zero fall decorations I thought I'd buy them to put on the table so we'd have a bit of the autumn season inside.  Well last night Charlie was grumpy and didn't want any of his toys, to be held, to be on the ground or anything.  As I looked around frustrated for an idea of something to do that could make him happy my eyes fell on the pumpkins.  I grabbed one washed it off and set it on the floor in front of him.

He immediately stopped crying.  He looked down at it, then up at me, then back down at it. Then he proceeded to do what he does with everything else he can get his tiny little hands on... suck on it.

 It was so fun to watch him discover this new object.


 Pumpkins are now Charlie's favorite vegetable (at least on the outside).




Since this wasn't something I really wanted to play with while I wasn't right next to him, I took it away and switched it with one of his other toys.  I thought now that he was happy he wouldn't mind... I was very wrong.  He instantly started crying.  It was the first time he's ever cried when I've taken something away or even seemed to notice for that matter.  So I spent a good chunk of the evening sitting next to this cute boy and his pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment